Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quilt

The second thing I'd like to share from the list of My Favorite Things is my quilt. My mom makes quilts. She made her very first quilt for me, which I love! Its black and white and has a 3-D look. But that's not the quilt I'm talking about. No, several years ago she made me a second quilt. And she made it with fabric that I picked out. We went to the fabric store and picked out flannel patterns to make into a quilt. She already had the design and I just had to come up with 8 fabrics. I picked 8 fabulous ones that she kept trying to talk me out of. Her vision of the quilt was not the same as my vision. But, even though she didn't believe it would look good, she made it just the way I wanted it, to my exact specifications. Its a big, fluffy, flannel quilt. She brought it to Italy and gave it to me for Christmas two years ago. I LOVE it! Its my winter quilt and it keeps me very warm...roasty, toasty warm! And, even though Bill gets super hot at night with the big flannel quilt, he let me keep it on the bed for one more month before we switch back to the summer quilt, the black and white one. And, my mom is now a believer in my vision for the flannel quilt...she thinks it looks good too.

handmade with love, by my mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was almost late to catch the bus because I was reading this.

I looovveee it.
Looks so cozy!!
:D

Anonymous said...

that is a great snuggle quilt!!

Anonymous said...

The colors really do look sharp together. You made a believer out of me! So glad you like it. Looks like a picture from a Penney's catalog.